This job might no longer be available.
Tools Programmer (MetaHumans)
1 month ago
Check out this video that showcases a first look at the MetaHuman Creator tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3F1vZYpH8c&t=10s
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced Tools Programmer who will help us support and extend Epic’s MetaHuman Creator tool, which allows everyone to create high-fidelity digital humans in minutes for use in games and other real-time applications. You will help build the user interface to give users powerful but intuitive control. You will work with researchers to develop the underlying technology and character artists who will provide creative feedback. In addition to the interface, this role includes developing the pipeline that controls the generation of these complex assets (meshes, textures, materials etc.) within the Unreal Engine.
In this role, you will
- Work with UX designers to implement clean, powerful interfaces to empower everyone, from beginners to professional artists.
- Collaborate with researchers, artists and technical animators to decide on the best way to present cutting edge technology to users.
- Develop and maintain the pipeline driven by that interface, that generates and connects all the necessary assets into a complete digital human.
- Interact with the Unreal Engine team on the best way to solve problems.
What we’re looking for
- C++ coding skills, including system architecture and UI
- Experience building tools used by content creators
- Someone who functions well in a cross-discipline team and is keen to solve a diverse range problems.
- Ability to ship updates and features to users on a frequent basis
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience of Unreal Engine development, including asset workflows and Slate/UMG
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.