This job might no longer be available.
Tools Programmer (C#)
12 days ago
When you’re a Tools Programmer at Ubi Montréal, you play a fundamental role in the design and implementation of the technologies used by a project’s content creation teams. You know you have done a good job when they can channel their vision and creativity into a world-renowned game effortlessly.
As a dependable member of a dedicated team of tools developers, your role is to equip your users with the solutions they need to transform an idea into a fun and playable game. You enjoy working iteratively and consider user feedback invaluable. Through this collaborative loop, you guarantee that the tools you deliver are efficient and intuitive.
What you’ll do
- You'll work closely with artists and designers, which gives you a deep understanding of the real needs behind their requests.
- Your problem-solving skills and your ingenuity allow you to find the most appropriate solutions.
- You'll frequently make suggestions to improve systems and you maintain clear documentation.
- You'll routinely collaborate with your fellow programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs that arise.
- You both share your innovations with and learn from your peers in the tools community at the studio.
What you bring
- At least 5 years of experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C# and C++
- Good analytical and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team + good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that push you to go talk to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist, Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the videos below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.