Tools Programmer C# - Technology Group
Montreal QC ca
2 days ago
As a Tools Programmer at Ubi MTL's Technology Group, you play a fundamental role in the design and implementation of the technologies used by a project’s content creation teams. You know you have done a good job when they can channel their vision and creativity into a world-renowned game effortlessly.
As a dependable member of a dedicated team of tools developers, your role is to equip your users with the solutions they need to transform an idea into a fun and playable game. You enjoy working iteratively and consider user feedback invaluable. Through this collaborative loop, you guarantee that the tools you deliver are efficient and intuitive.
What you'll do
You routinely collaborate with your fellow programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs that arise. You both share your innovations with and learn from your peers in the tools community at the studio. Your problem-solving skills and your ingenuity allow you to find the most appropriate solutions. You frequently make suggestions to improve systems and you maintain clear documentation.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C# (WPF) and C++
- Good analytical and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team + good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that motivate you to go talk to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
About the Technology Group (TG)
The TG provides tools and middleware tailored to our production needs. From front-end to back-end services, our projects are diverse but share a common goal: improve the efficiency of our gaming pipelines and the quality of our games. In a collaborative and innovative environment, we explore ideas, test concepts, and try new technology to find solutions that help developers deliver the best player experiences possible.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status