Lead Software Engineer - Game Tools
2 months ago
Job Title - Lead Software Engineer - Game Tools
Reports Into - Lead Software Engineer (UK)
Location - Hybrid / Bangalore
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As the Lead Software Engineer - Game Tools you’ll be helping to lead the Tools and Core Tech team, you will have a highly motivated team of programmers that are driven by clean code, automation and get a kick out of finding ways to improve efficiency and the lives of others (by writing great tools).
You will be the gatekeeper to the company’s Core code and make sure the basis for all our games is stable, quick and easy to use and versatile to allow us to keep pushing how creative our games can be.
Your Team Mates
The curious-minded Tools team power our Kwalee games with the tools we need to make chart-topping games. They always find a way to make what we can’t do possible. They’re always up for learning new APIs and technologies to make our gamedev efforts more convenient.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Alongside our Tools Lead you’ll be managing dedicated teams each with their own objectives and challenges
- Always on the lookout for new technologies that might benefit the business
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code
- Writing Core Systems used by all games
- Working with scripting languages
- Working closely with third party SDKs
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
- Contributing towards ideas for tools and helping to grow the department.
Your Hard Skills
- At least 4 years of experience in development with C# or C++.
- Experience with Unity.
- Unity Editor Tools experience would be a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Android / iOS experience would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- Good architecture knowledge
- Able to lead a team and provide technical direction
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.