3 months ago
Roblox, Tools Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 30 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 2 million creators.
As a Tools Engineer , you will be responsible for developing world class testing frameworks for our internal engineers to rapidly test and release their changes to millions of players. You will be working on the tools that enable comprehensive automation testing for each layer of the testing pyramid that will allow us to fully test and release each change in each pull request. You have a passion for creating tools that make step function improvements to engineering efficiency and product quality.
- Experienced: You have 4+ years of experience developing software with a focus on providing services to other layers of the application stack.
- Test Driven: You evangelize and improve testing workflows to maximize automation and quality
- Analytical: You work hard to understand what is needed to provide better testing experiences
- Adaptable: You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside of your comfort zone across frameworks, tools, and infrastructure
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship testing frameworks based upon proven industry standards
- Work closely with other engineers and DevOps to integrate and evangelize testing
- Use the best development practices for creating tools for other engineers
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 30 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 160 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.