Senior Tools Engineer
27 days ago
We are assembling a dream team of exceptional developers with a shared vision for a powerful new game built around the pillars of hope, humor, and human empowerment. We aim to create an industry phenomenon by leveraging our team's proven track record for building narrative-driven sandbox games that create strong emotional engagement through empathy, positivity, and community participation on a global scale. Reaching that potential requires building a singular studio of unique personalities and experiences to create a one-of-a-kind work culture. We love quirks, we embrace oddities, and we trust that our world is extraordinary when it's a little off-beat and a lot unusual. We know the people we are looking for rarely exist in the same place, which is why we are a fully distributed team allowing everyone to work from their home base of choice.
We are seeking a Senior Tools Engineer to be part of our Development Platform Team with a multi-studio and multi-platform strategy focused on source control, build, and release systems. You will drive design and implementation of great tooling and workflows for our cloud-based source control systems, as well as contribute towards our build and release systems. You’ll also help build and mentor our team as we expand our studio to meet development needs.
This role collaborates with disciplines across the studio to enable the team and provide highly secure, scalable, and performant cloud-based build & release services, and systems.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Architect, deploy, maintain, and administer cloud-based Perforce & Git version control applications.
- Create runbooks and train the team on administration and maintenance of our source control systems.
- Ongoing backups, monitoring, reporting and lifecycle management of version control applications.
- Work to improve our processes and the operational efficiency of our version control & build systems.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as a part of an on-call rotation.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- 3+ years of experience with Source Control Management design, deployment and operational support.
- Demonstrable experience with version control server design, implementation, and support business requirements through to day-to-day management.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity, or equivalent.
- Experience in languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell scripting, etc.
- Experience implementing solutions in AWS and/or Azure.
- Knowledge of Build and Release Engineering principles and methodologies including source control, branch management, and build testing using Perforce.
- Experience with game development.
- Experience with Unreal.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience developing tooling and workflows for developers in non-engineering roles such as artists and designers.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Crop Circle Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.