5 days ago
Job Title:Tools Engineer
This is an exceptionally exciting time to be at Activision, a period of phenomenal change and ambition throughout the organization! Activision Central Tech (or "CT") is a global, multi-disciplinary team dedicated to supporting the technological needs of our games. We work alongside Activision studios around the world to build the most compelling entertainment experiences ever seen.
Activision is searching for a Tools Engineer to join its CT group based in Vancouver, Canada. This is a full-time permanent position, learning and working in a friendly and inclusive environment alongside some of the best game creators in the world. You will help us craft the next generation of the massively successful Call of Duty® series of games.
· Architect, refactor, optimize, and maintain tools, pipelines, core systems, and infrastructures.
· Develop new world building features, pipelines, and tools in support of large maps with many players.
· Improve workflows and iteration times.
What does the future hold for game tech? We need you to help us find out!
· A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
· Proficient in C or C++ programming, problem-solving, debugging etc.
· 4+ years’ experience working as a C++ programmer in the game industry or a related field.
Skills & Attributes
Our ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills and attributes:
· Experience working on tools, content pipelines, and core engine systems.
· Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra, and trigonometry.
· Experience with a broad range of systems in shipped games.
· Ability to operate within a large, complex, and constantly evolving C++ codebase.
· Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
These are not firm requirements, but we would be especially interested in talking to anyone with:
· Qt knowledge and skills.
· Experience optimizing tools and pipelines.
· Familiarity with modern real-time rendering APIs and architecture.
What we offer
· A friendly, international team of game technology experts ready to guide and support you.
· A healthy work-life balance. We create our best work when our free time is valued and respected.
· Access to counselling services and mental health support through our wellness programs such as AbleTo and our Employee Assistance Program
· 20 days paid vacation, holiday gift days and generous paid parental & family leave.
· Top-tier medical insurance coverage for you and your dependents, plus dental.
· Pension, extended health cover and life insurance.
· Comprehensive relocation support
We love hearing from anyone who is talented and enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Activision is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, ethnicity, LGBTQ+ individuals, parents, and people with disabilities to all please feel confident in applying.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. Lastly, in your application please feel free to advise which pronouns you use.
We love hearing from anyone who is talented and enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Activision is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or whether they are parents, carers, a person with disabilities or any person protected by applicable law.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. Lastly, in your application please feel free to let us know which pronouns you use.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.