8 days ago
Job Title:Tools Engineer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Tools Engineer you will join a close-knit team focused on building ops tools and live dashboards to query and action upon critical game telemetry. The Operations team utilizing these tools are not just stakeholders, but also your colleagues. You will not only see the significant impact of your work firsthand, but also benefit from a tight iteration loop with your customer. We have a deep roadmap with many opportunities to solve challenging problems and make your mark on the Call of Duty franchise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build tools and dashboards with a focus on data integrity and usability.
- Gather stakeholder requirements.
- Document specification details and provide implementation plans.
- Transform complex schemas and data pipelines into easily consumable information.
- Perform data analysis to discover emerging trends in collected data.
- Support the team by creating ad-hoc database queries to explore scenarios outside the scope of our published toolset.
- Support, analyze and maintain a large and complex MySQL installation.
- Extensive experience in SQL database development. Experience with MySQL or associated branches (i.e. MariaDB) is desirable.
- Solid understanding of DB best practices, including logical and physical design, performance and scalability, maintenance, and tuning.
- Deep knowledge of the C# programming language and .NET library. Key areas of expertise are - multi-threaded application development, high performance database integration, and WinForms user interface development.
- Ability to collaborate with end users to gather requirements and implement solutions in a very dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Experience using AWS in .NET environment is a plus.
- Supporting Big Data Enterprise Architecture in a live environment is highly beneficial.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.