24 days ago
JOB TITLE: Tools Engineer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a highly self-motivated Tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games.Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multi-platform game currently in pre-production using proprietary software and technology.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Expertise with the C/C++ and C#/.NET programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- WPF/MVVM knowledge is advantage
- DevExpress knowledge is advantage
- Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently
- Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Experience in UI design and artist workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Shipped AAA console or PC titles
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines at previous projects
- Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software
- Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL
- Multithreading knowledge
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.