Tools Engineer - Treyarch
8 days ago
Job Title:Tools Engineer - Treyarch
We are on a mission to dramatically improve tools and workflows for the teams making Call of Duty. All of the tools used by our content creators are created and maintained in house. You will be responsible for adding new features, helping to implement new workflows, and directly working with others to get our games made. We have an interest in new efficient methods of creating content, as well as developing a clean and intuitive user experience.
What you’ll do…
- Work closely with content teams to develop the features needed within our in-house toolset.
- Maintain and improve any of a variety of tools, including our asset editor, level editor, animation tools, and more.
- Work with graphics and engine engineers to implement new workflows for getting content into the engine.
- Support users and debug issues to keep tools performant and stable.
- Refining the interfaces to ensure we can meet the standards of a good user experience.
To succeed you should have…
- 2+ years of experience in engineering.
- Experience working on tools or GUI applications used by multiple users.
- Proficiency in C++.
- Familiarity with some of the workflows involved in making content for games.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience developing in C++ with Qt.
- Prior experience working on world or asset editors for a video game engine.
- A track record of designing workflows with great UX.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.