This job might no longer be available.
Tools Engineer Intern – Shared Game Engine
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
TOOLS ENGINEER INTERN - SHARED GAME ENGINE
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. We have an amazing opportunity for a Tools Engineer Intern to make an impact on the future of Blizzard, working on various tools, systems and features in our new engine. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers working to deliver a truly epic game engine experience to our game development teams. The ideal student has a long-standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated game or tools programming experience (in the personal, educational or professional arena).
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Work directly with our UX Designer to identify and improve usability for our tools
- Work directly with other Tools engineers implementing the UI and underlying support systems
- Review their tools with domain experts to confirm that changes are good and effective
- Passion for technology, gaming and game development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Demonstrated game or tools programming experience (personal or professional)
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++ and scripting languages
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Majoring in computer science or a related field (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, real time interactive simulation, etc)
- Familiarity with game engines either through school or personal projects.
- A hands-on, solid understanding C++ (Expert level skills not required)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.