Tools Developer - SDK
7 days ago
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative engine behind the "Ubisoft IT Platform" project: a single platform, offering Ubisoft teams and studio access to a set of cloud services and infrastructure in a transparent and self-service manner.
The success of the platform and its adoption will be tightly coupled to the quality of the Software Development Kit (SDK) that we are going to offer for this platform. Ubisoft developers are used to highly efficient SDKs from third-party providers and we aim at building the most convenient of them all. The SDK should support multiple programming languages, have a clear documentation, simplify the workflows, have excellent performances and allows the collaboration of multiple teams.
As a Tools Developer SDK, you'll be joining a team who is responsible for building the SDK of the "Ubisoft IT Platform". You'll participate in the design, implementation and documentation of the Software Development Kit as well as the support of our users in their mission to create applications and games which utilizes the platform. Of course, you'll also be responsible for the release process of the SDK that includes package management creation, updating the documentation and testing.
- Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
- Work with engineering and product team to define, architect, develop, launch, and maintain the platform's SDK;
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure high-quality product delivery that brings the best experience to Ubisoft developers;
- Build and influence engineering culture by establishing the best engineering practices and standards;
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Develop sophisticated and user-friendly SDK documentation.
- You have some experience using multiple programming languages and understand specific language intricacies;
- You have built an SDK or a successful new APIs or worked on the integration with multiple APIs;
- You have worked with cloud providers (AWS, GCE, Azure, etc...) and distributed systems;
- You enjoy working with continuous delivery and continuous integration pipelines and especially testing practices;
- You have good interpersonal communication skills, loves working in teams and collaborating with multiple teams;
- You are a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.