Tool Support Specialist
Montreal QC ca
14 days ago
Under the supervision of the Team Lead, the Tools Support Specialist will, over an entire project’s lifecycle, provide first-line support and advanced tests, as well as be the central point of contact for the assigned product(s) within Ubisoft's IT development team.
What you'll do
- Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
- Validate defect corrections;
- Support programmers in issue resolution;
- Create, maintain, and run test plans;
- Create and maintain test documentation;
- Create and send reports to stakeholders;
- Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
- Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
- Assist with first-line support for the product;
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
- Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
- Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- College diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical position
- Rigour and structure
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work despite interruptions and changes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, test);
- Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar)
- Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies
- Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar)
- Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar)
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar)
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools
- Advanced knowledge of computers (Advanced OS features, VM, Cloud, or similar)
- Ability to read and understand a log file
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the video game localization process
- Basic understanding of a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Basic knowledge of databases and networks (SQL, MongoDB, or similar)
- Familiarity with Server/Client architecture
- Experience with debugging applications
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.