This job might no longer be available.
Tool Support Specialist
1 month ago
Under the supervision of the Team Lead, the role of the Tool Support Specialist is to provide first level support and advanced testing throughout the project lifecycle, as well as being a single point of contact for the assigned product(s) within the Ubisoft Connect team.
As one of our guardians of quality, you will help us strengthen our QC processes. You will be responsible for finding and documenting quality and stability issues during the development, deployment, submission, and release of our applications.
As part of an Agile team, you will keep a close eye on existing and developing components of Ubisoft Connect. You will do this by participating in the automation of our frontend applications.
You will also validate software through the various stages of development and/or environment, deployment, regression, usability testing, and document any issues encountered. In collaboration with your colleagues across multiple studios, you will find and implement long-term solutions. In addition, you will participate in the identification of missing or inadequate quality processes for continuous improvement.
What you'll do
- Identify and report bugs and usability issues in our applications.
- Validate the correction of bugs.
- Assist programmers in correcting bugs.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated and manual test plans.
- Create and maintain test documentation.
- Create and distribute reports to stakeholders.
- Assist with first level product support.
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers around the world.
- Assist with training and/or produce tutorials to teach basic tool functions.
- Identify missing processes and/or improve existing processes to provide quality service.
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you bring
- You have a college diploma or equivalent experience
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in a technical position
- You are rigorous and methodical
- You are independent and resourceful
- You know how to manage your priorities
- You can work with multiple interruptions or changes in context
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You have good judgment and decision-making skills
- You are fluent in French and English
- You have significant experience in quality assurance (troubleshooting, testing)
- You have knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar)
- You have a good knowledge of testing principles and working methodologies
- You have good knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar)
- You have good knowledge of test automation methodologies and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar)
- You are familiar with source control management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar)
- You have a good understanding of the pipeline and production tools
- You have knowledge of the use of PC / Consoles and Mobile platforms (Android and iOS)
- You have basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the video game production process
- Familiarity with the logic related to the development domain (Backend and Frontend)
- Experience with application debugging
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft Connect is the ecosystem of online services that enriches the experience of its players on all platforms with a growing range of features that are as useful as they are accessible. Ubisoft Connect fosters strong passions and positive energy. This is evident in the social interactions of our players, not only within our game worlds, but also in the communities that emerge from them.
Located in Montreal's vibrant Mile End district, Ubisoft Connect offers a unique work environment that encourages personal growth while promoting a unified vision of online services integrated with our games.
When you join the Ubisoft Connect team, a community of passionate and talented people welcomes you with open arms. This team will provide you with constant support in an inclusive environment and will contribute to your ongoing development. In addition, Ubisoft Connect offers competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that promotes diversity and inclusion in all its forms.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.