14 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
As a part of the Fortnite Editor team, you’ll adapt and expand Unreal Editor functionality to solve issues and add functionality in support of a new toolset aimed at bringing the power of the Unreal Engine and Editor to our community of Fortnite creators.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine and Fortnite.
- Improve the game development pipeline and add exciting new features to the engine.
- Design and implement user interfaces for tools and pipelines in the Editor.
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems.
- Support and improve game development for Fortnite working the game team and creative groups to solve unique issues.
- Track down and fix issues in systems and tools.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
- Well versed in software engineering principles and developing a large codebase
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE UI system)
- Familiarity with an existing game engine and understanding of editor concepts
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.