This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games.
Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Key product team member who will architect the crypto - economics of our new Mobile Game. Responsible for leading the sustainable design and upkeep of the tokenomics and mechanics design.
- Model decentralized protocols and their economics in spreadsheets as well as simulations packages like https://gauntlet.network/ or https://cadcad.org/
- Optimize performance of game and token project for key post-launch metrics, from protocol usage to token price performance
- Build currency and faucet systems, decomposition models, and complexity progressions
- Apply point of view on scarcity-based economy model and freemium to improve game design
- Develop the incentive mechanics via design, implementation and iteration of mathematical models and functions
- Own the in-game economy and will collaborate closely with Product Managers and Analysts to devise the strategy for the real money and virtual game economies
- Drive the monetary value of the virtual game currency (ie crypto tokens) by managing the bonding curve
- Work with analysts to simulate in-game player behaviour to prevent fraud, control inflation and minimizes other aspects of structural risk
- Design and implement the economic aspect of features that create a fun player experience, further the strategic vision of the product, and drive increased player engagement and monetization
- Analyze the many facets of the game economy, player engagement, and monetization data at a macro and micro level
- Experience in designing and launching blockchain based tokenomics design, incentive mechanisms, and protocol structure
- Knowledge of macro, microeconomics, pricing theory, and statistics, especially in the mobile gaming industry and/or live service-oriented products, with the ability to model problems into quantitative systems, formulate ratios and indexes
- Academic Education in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Software usage and analysis competency in R, SPSS, SAS, or other statistical tool packs
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.