This job might no longer be available.
Security Engineer - Cyber Security
Chicago, IL, United States
5 months ago
Zynga is currently seeking a Security Engineer to focus on today’s evolving cyber security threats. This individual will report into the Security Operations team, and will contribute to major enterprise cybersecurity initiatives affecting Zynga’s information systems, network infrastructure, and product security. The right candidate will possess hands-on technical skills in the areas of software development, scripting, automation, and will thrive operating in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support Security Operations by building custom tools, dashboards, and automation.
- Assist in designing, testing, implementating and maintaining Security orchestration, automation and response processes and procedures to support Cybersecurity Operations. Proper planning, design, and documentation is required.
- Assist with Proof of Concept projects to evaluate and select new Cybersecurity solutions.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations in current programs and processes to remediate risks.
- Assist with documentation of standard operating procedures for Zynga Cybersecurity solutions.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in information technology with a minimum of 1 year in Information Security.
- Advanced understanding of software development ideology, scripting, and application infrastructure.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Awareness of best practices, information security risk management, and industry trends.
- Solid team player, collaborating well with teammates to tackle problems in a team-focused dynamic.
- Passion for continued professional development and ongoing learning.
- Excellent written and communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Recommended skills, experience and certifications
- Experience with scripting languages with preferred experience in Python.
- Experience with Splunk/Splunk ES: building custom apps, action scripting, dashboards, alerting.
- API integration and automation of functions between disparate systems.
- Professional information security related certifications (such as Security+, GIAC GSEC, CCNA).
- Previous experience in a Security Operations Engineering role.
- Ability to thrive in an informal, startup-like environment.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams