This job might no longer be available.
Threat Intelligence Engineer
13 days ago
Job Title:Threat Intelligence Engineer
The Threat Intelligence Team is responsible for developing actionable intelligence on emerging cyber threats. We collect indicators and intelligence from internal and external sources and use that information to develop defensive measures against threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP). We then leverage those measures to proactively identify and mitigate malicious activity.
We are seeking a skilled Mid-Level Threat Intelligence Engineer to help further develop our threat intelligence program. The ideal candidate should be familiar with threat intelligence principles and have experience in developing information in furtherance of an intelligence driven strategy. They should be capable of analyzing large datasets and have familiarity with standard Open-Source Intelligence concepts. They will formulate new analytic techniques and strategies while working across teams to further enhance our capabilities.
- Actively research emerging security threats and trends to include techniques leveraged by ATP actors, criminal enterprises, and others
- Analyze large datasets for anomalies indicative of malicious activity
- Create inventive security techniques deployable across the enterprise to strengthen our defense-in-depth posture
- Create strategies to address new and emerging threats within a rapidly changing landscape
- Work collectively with other teams within the enterprise to strengthen and evolve our defensive strategy
- Assist with finding the proper balance between business needs and security
- Bachelor's degree in Threat Intelligence, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, or any other related area or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience in threat intelligence, cyber investigations/intelligence, tracking threat actor behaviors, including investigating, researching, or analyzing online threat actor TTPs
- Knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threats tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Understanding of common attack techniques such as reconnaissance, scanning, exploitation, pivoting, and persistence
- Understanding of networking protocols such as ARP, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, and TLS
- Familiarity with a variety of operating systems to include Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Understanding of process executions within various operating systems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Proven ability to translate complex information sets into specific recommendations that can be utilized by the network and security teams to enhance our security posture
- Familiarity with cyber threats, defenses, motivations and techniques
- Experience with intelligence analysis tools, methods and the intelligence lifecycle
- Experience developing raw information into actionable intelligence
- Ability to write analytical information products
- Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Experience in Python, PowerShell, or Bash scripting for automation
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.