Third Party Royalty Management Accountant (12m FTC)
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Managing the Third-Party Finance area and ensuring the smooth running of the department, including maintaining all financial aspects of the relationship with our Third-Party publishers
You will be key in the central SIEE finance team and the greater SIEE business, so requires good people skills, and the ability to manage conflicting timelines and requests.
What you’ll be doing:
- Weekly unit sales with commentary to VP of Finance and Director of Group Finance
- Monthly unit and revenue sales to VP of Finance and Director of Group Finance
- Variance analysis (Flash forecast vs Actuals) post month end close.
- Ad hoc reporting for other SIEE departments e.g. Third Party Relations
- Reporting for publishers in relation to contractual deals
- Budgets/Forecasts (Yearly, Quarterly & Monthly)
- Preparation/review of monthly (flash) forecasts detailing unit volumes, license income and format royalty cost by title, publisher, and band
- Preparation of Quarterly Forecasts and annual budget
- Forecasting impact of contractual deals and rebates
Publisher Credit Limits
- Review and assess external forecasts from Third Party Publishers.
- Preparation of credit limit requirements over peak and non-peak periods for credit insurance assessment for Director of Group Finance
- Liaison with credit insurers to secure publisher credit insurance
- Communication of accepted credit limit authorisations to Finance Manager at DADC
Month End Duties
- Accrual and reconciliation of various Third-Party Publisher allowances and rebates e.g. marketing and volume rebates
- Ensuring the correct posting of all license income, allowances, and format royalty costs within SAP
- Monthly reconciliation of revenue postings to the Sony DADC disc manufacturing month end closing file
- Posting of DADC Russia month end journals
- Provision tracking and calculations.
- Monthly analysis of actuals to flash.
- Price approval of all Bills of Materials in B2B system (new releases & price migrations)
- Review and approval of orders in B2B system
- Profit Centres maintenance
- Review and maintenance of catalogue table of product code in SAP
- Assist in the creation of new publisher customer accounts
- Maintain relationships with key publisher contacts, i.e. Finance Director and Operations Management.
- Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements for designated areas of responsibility.
- Aged Debtor Analysis
- Payment collection & pricing queries
- Ad hoc queries from other SIEE departments e.g. Third Party Relations, Operations, Sales
- Entry, maintenance, and approval of publisher pricing agreements in B2B system
- Develop a good understanding of bespoke B2B (Business 2 Business) Online
- Ordering System used by External Third Parties to place Software orders.
- Testing operational changes to SAP transactions
What we’re looking for:
- Previous financial accounting experience preferably working within a dynamic FMCG environment.
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Good communication skills essential (both written and verbal) as the role requires direct interaction with customers as well as internal finance and non-finance personnel.
- Experience of working closely with non-finance business stakeholders and ability to build effective working relationships across the organisation.
- Preferred experience of managing a team.
- Pro-active and flexible with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Systems literate – ideally experience of SAP, Business Warehouse, BPC with an intermediate level of Excel competency.
- Ability to work within a time pressured environment.
- Strong time-management and organisational skills
- Ability to lead and drive productive meetings.
- Discreet and conscientious working attitude, as well as ability to use initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting.
What we're looking for:
- Relevant project management experience required
- Migration of Finance outsourcing processes to an off shore partner
- Relevant P2P Experience
- Familiarity with accounting / Finance
- Stakeholder management experience, especially senior stakeholder groups
- Experience of project managing organisational change and how to manage that including managing communication
- Willingness to work in an environment where roles/ responsibilities can be fluid, matrixed
- Pragmatic approach to risk and compliance
- Able to delegate
- Willing to get into the detail if required
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.