Texture / Material Artist
9 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Produce benchmark materials using Substance Designer
- Oversee and develop material library
- Create high quality textures/materials
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining material pipelines
- Collaborate with environment artists at partner studios to maintain consistent process and visual quality
- Anticipate and identify production challenges to leads and Technical Director
- Research new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments
- Work with technical artist to develop advanced shader and material sets
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Intermediate level of experience in game development or credit on at least one title as material artist
- Expert skills in Substance Designer / Painter
- Modeling skills in 3DS Max or Maya
- Familiarity with node based game engines
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
- Ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.