Texture Artist (all levels)
14 days ago
This is a full-time, on-site position in our development studio located just outside of Dallas, TX.
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Texture Artist to join our team in making AAA games. Candidates should have significant experience creating textures and materials using physically based workflows.
- Create high quality, physically based textures using Substance Designer and Painter that adhere to art direction
- Construct and manage materials using our proprietary engine
- Enforce PBR standards and material performance
- Collaborate closely with our other art departments, as well as tools/graphics programmers to support the development of new systems and techniques
- 3+ years of industry experience in texture creation (or relevant experience)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Proficiency in file organization and management
- Proficiency creating tools within the Substance ecosystem
- Experience designing trim sheets used for worldbuilding
- Familiarity with material blending shaders
- Experience in 3D modeling of environments and props
- Experience with Perforce
Associate Texture Artist - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $50,000 - $100,000 per year.
Texture Artist (Intermediate) - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $55,000 - $140,000 per year.
Senior TExture Artist - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $75,000 - $165,000 per year.
ZeniMax has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At ZeniMax certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, such as merit increases and discretionary bonuses. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are not guaranteed. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with ZeniMax and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.