17 days ago
Next Games is a Netflix Game Studio, focusing on creating compelling fans-first interactive experiences by combining the stories of well-known movies and shows with engaging game mechanics. An unwavering focus on fans and fun gameplay is at the core of the studio’s game development, free from the constraints of free-to-play.
If working on globally recognised entertainment IPs, or helping develop the next blockbuster game IP; that’ll be available on the world's biggest streaming platform Netflix, sounds like your cup of tea, Next Games can provide that opportunity.
We are looking for a QA Test Lead to join our studio in Helsinki to be part of an exciting new mobile game. This role offers an opportunity to work with a very senior team set to create the next success story in mobile gaming.
This position requires the hands-on ability in test planning and execution over our content and championing a quality first mindset at all levels. The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience leading QA Vendor teams in test execution for scalability, ensuring to meet business deadlines while upholding the highest levels of quality.
- Work with the game development team and QA Manager to define quality parameters and definition of Done
- Create test plans, schedules and validation milestones for the project
- Create dashboards to track status of testing
- Oversee and maintain game and ticket quality, course correct processes when needed
- Maintain ticket structure and ensure our workflows are the most optimal
- Work with the game team to identify quality risks during feature development
- Train QA vendor team and game team in quality procedures when needed
- Define testing tools, debug options and admin tools needed by the QA team to perform test cases in the most versatile but efficient way possible
- Maintain QA vendor relationships and help integrate QA testers to the project
- Lead the testing efforts with hands-on testing ability
- Grow the internal QA team based on project scalability and manage resources within defined timetables, costs and project scope in collaboration with local QAM and central Netflix QA
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of QA Lead experience in gaming
- 3+ years leading an external or internal QA team
- Experience working with partner teams (such as customer service group)
- Managing and maintaining the quality and budgetary requirements
- Experience working with JIRA workflows and JIRA project management
- Experience working with Android and iPhone applications
- Wide understanding of the mobile device handsets and their hardware and software capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English