12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you’ll do
In this position, you will supervise and direct day to day activities of a team of testers from an external vendor handling testing and performance data gathering for the Fortnite Creative Team. This will involve prioritizing and scheduling dozens of test plans and requests at a time, while being able to pivot to support urgent requests. You’ll also be responsible for coordinating the test team as they gather performance data for Creative events and experiences, and will then supply that data to developers and engineers in easily-digestible reports. In addition, you’ll also coordinate playtests geared towards gathering feedback around Creative experiences and conveying that information to the development team, to help ensure delivery of the best possible experiences for our players.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming events and experiences.
- Schedule playtests and test coverage alongside feature stakeholders, projecting several weeks in advance.
- Coordinate a large team of testers to gather performance data and feedback for Fortnite Creative Experiences.
- Report and track playtest results and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
- Pivot plans to cover urgent requests and conduct conversations about the trade-offs in coverage caused by said changes.
- Analyze and coordinate investigation for reported defects and troubleshoot setup issues.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of testing experience in fast-paced environments, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- 1+ year(s) of professional leadership experience.
- 3+ months of professional management experience.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development.
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with product owners and developers on technical topics and features.
- Excellent reporting skills for assembling data in an easily-digestible format.
- Test Planning skills for projecting test coverage needs in advance, while remaining flexible to cover urgent requests.
Nice to have skills
- Previous experience gathering and reporting performance data for games on PC, consoles, and/or mobile devices.
- Experience creating events and experiences within Fortnite Creative.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.