What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers. We are actively looking to staff teams across web development, the Unreal Engine, tools creation, backend services, games, and our release process, as well as specialized teams working on specific platforms such as mobile or XR.If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for full-time Test Leads on our Fortnite test team. The test lead will supervise testers and manage test processes involved in our testing efforts along with assisting in risk assessment and mitigation. They will be required to work within existing processes, while simultaneously finding ways to upgrade and innovate against what currently exists. They will be ultimately accountable for supervising a team of testers, balancing workloads from multiple source teams, and assessing the skills and potential of contract testers. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment, capable of navigating interpersonal quandaries, and have the desire to develop upcoming testers, then we would like to talk to you.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Supervising day to day tasking of Testers
- Prioritizing testing to find major issues earlier in the test cycle
- Plans and times testing according to deadlines to run all needed testing
- Escalates issues to the right owners so major issues are visible and handled as soon as they’re found.
- Communicates out status of testing back to Stakeholders
- Reviews and mentors testers
- Ensures their team maintains the company standard for bug quality and test execution
- Helps lead testing process for the Project
- Set expectations for Testers and evaluates their Performance
- Improving team process through feedback
- Troubleshooting system and hardware issues in order to unblock testing.
- Able to perform test gap analysis and communicate this information to QA Analysts
- Communicates with multiple parties to facilitate the flow of information from dev teams to test teams.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with testing technical systems and hardware (PC, Console, and Mobile devices)
- An understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)