This job might no longer be available.
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
14 days ago
Job Title:Test Lead
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us!
If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work! The world needs heroes. Assemble your team and prepare to embark on a journey to create the most epic experiences ever!
We’re looking for an innovative and technically proficient Test Lead with an ability to see the big picture, and push testing strategies to the next level. You will be responsible for leading a team of Test Analysts, Software Engineers in Test, Game User Research Analysts and partnering with other teams to drive quality assurance initiatives with a gameplay and systems mindset.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of 20+ towards individual and team excellence across multiple subteams
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development groups and embedded QA partners
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on your team
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Manage stakeholder relationships across the Blizzard development and QA organizations
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for test leadership, requirements gathering, risk identification, and execution of the fundamental test process
- Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience with development and QA partners
- Coordinate responsible test area with regional and support teams
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
- Host test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives
- Lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard towards quality initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Personnel Management experience: 2-3 years
- Test and/or Project Management experience: 5-8 years
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
- Demonstrated successes in test management for complex systems
- Shipped multiple game titles as a test lead
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Experience as a program manager in-game software development
- Shipped games across multiple genres as a test lead
- Coding knowledge: XML/HTML, LUA, SQL, Python, Java, C/C++/C#
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
- Experience working with external recruiting and staffing partners
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Team Name:Quality Assurance