Test Lead I, WoW
15 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Test Lead I, WoW
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
About the job
Creating epic Blizzard gaming experiences like defeating the Jailer in Shadowlands and climbing the Hearthstone ladder to Legendary come after talented teams spend thousands of hours perfecting the final products. We’re looking for a technically proficient and knowledgeable Associate Test Lead to lead a QA test team. The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to create data focused test strategies utilizing metrics and serve as a focal leadership and mentoring point for the team.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA or Austin, TX.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of 10 towards individual and team excellence
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
- Coordinate responsible test area with regional teams
- Host test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for test leadership, requirements gathering, and risk identification
- Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Champion the customer experience always
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- WoW Raiding Experience/Knowledge (preferably from latest 3 expansions)
- Mythic+ Experience/Knowledge
- Experience leading test teams in the gaming industry: 3 years
- Management experience: 1 -3 years
- Experience with gray/black box test methods
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
“We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.”
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $49,600.00 - $91,760.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.