11 days ago
Senior Test Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As part of PlayStation Studios, the Quality Engineering group act as the strategic partner to AAA studios and specialise in generating productivity improvements across the software development life cycle with innovative, customers centric services, tools, and processes.
What you’ll be doing:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure automated tests run reliably on game builds
- Create and maintain tests to ensure accurate test results
- Ensure that bugs are reported promptly and accurately
- Build and maintain reports on build health and performance
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
- Develop tools that provide QA productivity enhancements
- Represent title status, progress, risks, mitigations to the team and title stakeholders
- Test Services
- Developers & Producer/s
- Engineering and Certification Services
- IT Support Group (PDIT)
What we are looking for:
Required Skills and capabilities
- 2+ years’ experience with C#, Java
- SQL or similar DB experience
- Good understanding of computers, Windows, networks, etc.
- Critical thinker and problem solver that knows when to ask for help
- Highly motivated, autonomous, and proactive
- Strong task management
- Experience working in agile project environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Broad interest in the games industry
- Experience of testing and test automation
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.