This job might no longer be available.
Senior, Software QA Engineer, Applications - Contractor
11 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who is ready to take an active role in shaping the quality of our software and look beyond the traditional responsibilities of QA. The primary responsibility of the Application Test Engineer is to identify holes in coverage, analyze requirements, update and execute manual and automated testing efforts for assigned projects to ensure projects meet the quality standards set by product owner, effectively and efficiently test the social media and sharing media like applications and the related areas, and catch regressions. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders, developers and other members of QA to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group from a quality perspective
- Develop / Test and Run manual and automated tests / scripts on daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Identify test cases for automation and work with the automation team to automate test cases
- Investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Analyze and report on test progress, status and performance metrics
- 3+ years proficient experience working on software products / mobile applications in QA / Automation related testing
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), test management tools, and defect tracking tools
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, automated testing and reporting
- Experience with testing mobile applications and / or embedded system testing
- Experience with testing social media, chat, contacts, sharing related applications within an embedded system is desirable
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- Experience in Python/C/C#/C++ in a production environment is a plus
- Experience with testing 3D computer graphics/AR/VR is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.