Test Director, Overwatch
8 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Test Director, Overwatch
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
About the job:
Well Met! Our family of remarkably passionate testing professionals is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the creation of epic experiences. If you are a QA leader with proven management experience, a stellar track record providing software quality confidence, and you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach then join us to help deliver excellence on the Blizzard Quality Assurance team! We’re looking for a technically proficient and knowledgeable Test Director, for Overwatch to lead QA operations and test across a variety of products. The ideal candidate must have proven leadership and interpersonal abilities able to focus on test quality, process efficiency, and efficacy and continuous improvement across our QA organization. Test Directors are our most Senior Test subject area leaders on our products. They question the limitations for the application of our craft. They focus to shift us left towards bug prevention, optimizing flow from left to right, improving our feedback cycles from right to left, and identifying and mitigating risks. They provide quality confidence in our software development processes, our games and ensure an epic delivery to our players.
- As a Test Director for Quality Assurance, you will deliver development support plans and lead Test Managers and teams for a variety of products.
- Forecast and manage the product’s test schedules, needs, dependencies, and resources
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a large team towards individual and team excellence
- Innovate technology and process improvements into the product SDLC to improve quality, reliability, scalability, and predictability.
- Call out risk and facilitate resolution of project impacting issues that require intervention. Accountable for the quality of all deliverables, workflows, and relationships for the test team. Partner and provide high-value quality-related services to production leadership.
- Co-develop the master test plans for all products.
- Drive quality projects with regional teams, partners, collaborators, and QA teams
- Set and drive annual and continuous improvement goals for the team
- Champion and influence software development standard processes and the customer experience
- Lead Test Managers through Quality Assurance improvement Initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- QA field expertise
- A passion for delivering Quality player experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Test and/or Project Management experience: 10+ years
- Personnel management experience: 5+ years
- Experience with Mobile development technologies and working in distributed co-development environments.
- Experience managing large diverse cross-functional technical teams
- Experience building and maintaining strategic partnerships and developing insource and outsource solutions.
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
- Experience with user research methods
- Successful releases of multiple game titles leading test and quality efforts on mobile, PC and console platforms. Background with AAA game titles is strong preferred.
- Track record innovating and improving product SDLCs
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services.
- ISTQB or CSTE certification or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Dev Ops, Data Science, Engineering and Visualization applied to test
- Understanding of the end to end components that are needed to make a AAA game
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.