Test Automation Engineer - Video Games
14 days ago
About Playable Worlds
Playable Worlds is a team of talented and creative game industry professionals working together on a sandbox MMO built for the cloud. Led by Raph Koster (Ultima Online; Star Wars Galaxies) Playable Worlds offers a collaborative and diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and an opportunity to create new kinds of gameplay and experiences in online worlds that feel real and engaging.
All positions at Playable Worlds are currently remote, but we plan to open one office location in the future as circumstances allow.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to assist with writing the automated regression test suite against our API. Our API is used to drive all gameplay, so it’s critical that it’s as close to bug-free as possible. As a member of our Quality Assurance team, you will work closely with the Lead QA Engineer to develop and maintain an automated test suite designed to test, and then regression test, the APIs thoroughly.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in QA, both as a manual tester and as an automation engineer, and a passion for video games and QA.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop test automation in C# and Typescript.
- Test game platform as new features are added.
- Communicate effectively within the Engineering team, and with leadership and other departments.
- Experience level: At least 5 years of experience writing test automation.
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience testing services in addition to web apps.
- Proficiency in one programming language and experience with at least one more.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks in a manner that enables timely completion.
Bonus Points for Any of These
- Experience testing video games.
- Experience with C#.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience with Unity3D.
- Experience with NUnit or the Unity test framework.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Playable Worlds is headquartered in San Marcos, California. All positions are currently remote due to the pandemic.