Test Automation Engineer (Intern)
9 days ago
A bit about us:
$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that players should be rewarded for the valuable time and money they choose to invest in games. At Immutable, we are returning true ownership to players by building games where they are free to buy, sell, and trade their hard-earned in-game items.
Immutable has built Gods Unchained, which is a complex, multilayered strategic game that allows users the ability to build strategic decks and play those against other players in a variety of game modes.
A bit about the role:
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our QA and Automation team for an initial 3-month paid internship. You will assist the team in building the next generation of test automation frameworks and assist in implementing test automation strategies.
This is a rare opportunity for an eager engineer to get hands-on experience with bespoke methods of automation within the games industry. You will have the opportunity to learn the value of test-driven development and the value of automation in a product pipeline.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist the Immutable QA and Automation team in building scalable and high-quality test automation solutions
- Contribute and learn about the development, customisation, and maintenance of automation and testing solutions
- Highlight user stories at a squad level and write end to end tests using our automated framework
- Implement integration tests into our CI/CD pipeline
- Attend bug triages, squad standups and chapter meetings
- Shadow the team for release protocol
- Has worked on at least one game in Unity
- Comfortable knowledge in C#
- Studied Game Development or completed an IT Degree with game-related majors
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience using C++, Python, Typescript, Golang or SQL
- Blueprint or Bolt experience
- Experience with automated frameworks
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Flexible working life: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.