Test Analyst, Hearthstone
10 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Test Analyst, Hearthstone
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
About the job
Creating epic Blizzard gaming experiences like defeating Sylvanas in Shadowlands and climbing the Hearthstone ladder to Legendary come after talented teams spend thousands of hours perfecting the final products. We’re looking for a technically proficient and knowledgeable Test Analyst to join our QA test team. The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to create data focused test strategies utilizing metrics and serve as a focal leadership and mentoring point for the team.
Covid-19 Hiring: We are currently working under a temporary work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but will later be assigned to work full-time at a physical location on-site .
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated Grey-box test approaches
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing
- Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be effectively tested
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test-related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Ensure deployment stability across all environments
- Research, recommend, and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Use appropriate measures and Key Performance Indicators to validate and report on software quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or 3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Passion for mobile games and software quality
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.