Temporary Videogame Tester - German (Based in Spain)
7 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals. From software engineers, project managers, testers to audio, text and linguistic specialists, each employee has an important role to play. You will work on different groundbreaking tools and systems to provide Localization to EA's products. With business and project management modules, workflow automation, CRM, Text, Audio, Image and Video asset management technology, EA has built a cutting-edge Localization powerhouse that covers the needs for both current and next-generation platforms.
As a Localization Tester, your main role will be to check the linguistic quality of localized products, and ensure they follow EA procedures and requirements before being certified by EA's Compliance & Certification group.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete assigned tasks, thoroughly.
- Ensure that all bugs, flaws or issues are reported correctly (in English and German) and removed from the product before release.
- Inform Leads and Senior Testers of any issue that may slow down or stop testing progress early.
- Seek ways to improve your knowledge of testing procedures and related equipment.
- Follow EA security procedures by taking responsibility for equipment and software security.
- You will report to the Linguistic Team Lead.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English and in German - must be a native speaker.
- Demonstrate an ability to approach testing in a detailed and structured way.
- Interest and knowledge of video games, the video game industry and platforms, including PC, Mac, Consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One), and Mobile.
- Dynamic, player-focused, and team-oriented
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows environment
- We ask that you are at least 18 years old.
- EA offers relocation support for employees joining us from outside of Madrid.
- Please note, you must be eligible to work in Spain. EA does not sponsor visas for this position.
- EA Madrid's work is dynamic. There will be peak periods of activity, therefore the workload and make-up of teams will vary. Regular working hours are 40 hours per week. On few occasions overtime might be needed either on workdays or weekends. It will be compensated with time off.
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
- After your cv validation by the recruiting team, you will be invited by email to pass an online test through an external platform. Stay tuned!
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.