This job might no longer be available.
Temporary Tools Engineer- Treyarch
Santa Monica, CA
3 months ago
Temporary Tools Engineer
Treyarch is seeking a temporary Tools Engineer to join our Core Engine Team to develop the next iteration of our internal dialog database tool, used to manage voice assets for our next-generation AAA title in development . We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, focused, and passionate about creating world-class game development tools. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning, AAA video game developer and work with the best gaming talent in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
· Design, develop and roll out the next version of our internal dialog voice over system
· Collaborate with narrative, production, sound team and other engineers in gathering requirements and determining features
· Develop a new user interface that better allows cross-collaboration of voice over data
· Work closely with our content creation team ensuring existing tools meet their needs
The skills and experience you’ll need:
· Expert-level C++ skills; familiarity with Modern C++ (11/14, modern STL)
· Self-motivated with a proven ability to drive ideas from concept to completion
· Able to profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
· Comfortable working within an established codebase and coding guidelines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven track record of success in bringing an application to completion from initial design through user training and hand-off
Additional experience and skills (highly desired):
· Shipped AAA console or PC titles
· In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines at previous projects
· Distributed systems / async programming experience
· Experience working with SQL (MySQL, SQLite) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
· Familiarity with Python, Rust, or C#
· Familiarity with game audio and/or voice over pipelines in games or other media
· Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software
· A passion for video games
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.