This job might no longer be available.
Temp DevTest Team Lead - XDefiant
23 days ago
As a DevTest Team Lead you will facilitate and maintain the quality of new and existing content/features for our FPS project, XDefiant. You will be the main DevTest point of contact for your respective group of features or content and facilitate healthy communication and practices across multiple areas. Your mission is to guide a team of testers to uphold and enforce strong processes for a successful live product. You are very familiar with the design and intricacies of the first-person shooter genre across different franchises. This knowledge will be used to help make informed and precise decisions throughout the project in different areas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Communicate with Producers and Leads from every team (Engineers, Level Design, Animators etc.) and facilitate the flow of information with the team
- Communicate with the QC Lead Testers throughout the project's different milestones
- Management and mentorship of Dev Testers and Snr Dev Testers; including 1:1s
- Coordinate the daily workflow of Testers and assign tasks to the respective feature/content owner
- Assist the DevTest Manager coordinate all of the different test cases, configure and refine JIRA filters/dashboards for the team
- Provide risk analysis reports to the DevTest Manager relative to their ownership
- Follow up in the JIRA database and push the production team to correct the various major issues in order to stabilize build versions
- Implement new processes to meet the requirements of the project set by the DevTest Manager
- Ensure test plans and documentation are updated, relevant to existing content/features
- Ensure the validation/testing coverage of live builds
- You are the main point of contact for the respective group of Content and Features
- Interview candidates; hire, onboard, and train new employees
- Follow up and evaluate the work of testers to share with the DevTest Manager
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Lead or Seniority experience of at least one years experience in a similar industry
- Shipped at least one AAA title on multiple platforms
- Testing experience with mid to senior level of experience
- Extensive knowledge of the FPS video game genre
- Exceptional experience in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Proactive working manner and sense of accountability
- Exceptional experience with JIRA or other bug-tracking systems
- Exceptional experience with Confluence or similar documentation tools
MORE ABOUT US
Contract rate is $35/hr for 40 hrs a week.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft is looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game based in our San Francisco studio. XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
This is a temporary role for 12 months, work hours are PST but can be fully remote.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.