Technology Production Manager
Toronto Ontario Canada
6 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
This person would be working with and facilitating communications between 4 major groups: Tangent Labs, Production (VFX Supervisors and TD team), IT, and Executives. The goal is to implement tools and processes that will benefit the production of animated content and ensuring that these improvements are supported by required systems resources.
- Contribute to the implementation of co-development mandates with collaborating divisions, communicate the mandate to the teams, make any necessary adjustments and ensure compliance throughout the production process
- Help prepare the collaboration: communication networks, associate studio training programs, meetings, etc.
- Efficiently communicate with the VFX Sup and Executives to inform them of the project direction (top-down) and inform supervisors of relevant information pertaining to the work team (bottom-up)
- Understand the studio vision so as to be able to intervene when defining the scope and working with TD team
- Keep reporting manager informed on the advancement of the deliverables of projects assigned (planned versus actual)
- Keep reporting manager informed on potential issues and recommend possible solutions
- Carry out all other related tasks for TD team
- Develop standards and guidelines to ensure a smooth technical collaboration between creative and TD teams
- Anticipate risks related to studio technology development and collaborate with technical stakeholders and to plan mitigations
- Synthesize and explain technical documentation, processes, and risks to stakeholders
- Bring together multi-disciplinary working groups to solve pipeline development problems involving Executives if required
- Work with IT, Production and HR for studio-wide initiatives
- Coordinate tasks for TD team and manage their timesheets and OT approval process
- Documentation of workflows etc. and defining process and guidelines
- University or college degree in software engineering, engineering project management or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in software/technology development team, coordination/management
- Project management knowledge
- Transparency and the ability to be constructive
- Self-control and ability to defuse tensions
- Ability to act as a bridge between technical and non-technical experts
- VFX/Animation studio experience is an asset
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.