This job might no longer be available.
Technical lead (Game Security)
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
As a member of the Security & Risk Management department, the Game Security Technical Lead help managing and reducing security risks by providing technical security expertise on games related projects.
The Technical lead will be the reference collaborator for technological issues in his field of expertise (game security). He is a technical specialist who will assess issues and be accountable for the technological choices and performances of the systems in which he is specialized. The incumbent will continue to produce code and define best practices in his/her field of proficiency.
The main and routine tasks of the technical lead are to:
- Oversee technical mandates from the manager;
- Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in his/her field of expertise;
- Work as a senior programmer and help program high-risk elements in his/her field of expertise;
- Be proactive in suggesting enhancements and technological choices in his/her field of expertise;
- Assess performances on a regular basis and optimize systems in his/her field of expertise whenever necessary;
- Resolve the most complex technical issues in his/her field of expertise;
- Be a mentor in his/her field of expertise;
- Advise the manager by suggesting corrective measures to meet project objectives whenever necessary;
- Work with technical directors from other working to ensure the efficiency of the systems in his/her field of expertise that are used by other teams;
- Carry out performance assessments in collaboration with the lead;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience as a game security specialist/engineer;
- At least 2 years of experience as a technical lead;
- Strong experience with game security solutions design and development practices.
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Good team player and take initiatives
- Able to multitask and perform on strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Quality and result oriented
- Good knowledge of C and C++
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer/online games
- Reverse engineering, operating systems internals, binary exploitation is a plus
- Anticheat and antipiracy solutions
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.