20 days ago
Within the production team, your proactive approach will allow you to seek out the right information to actively propose solutions to the teams. As such, you get involved in integration, prototyping and tool creation to help us produce some of the best games in the industry.
On a daily basis, your missions will be the following:
- Optimize feature implementations and generalize recurring logic blocks into reusable libraries
- Provide constructive and critical feedback and accurate risk assessments to production and other departments for planned locations considering engine and tool set constraints
- Review built levels to ensure they are configured to measurements, with budget limitations in mind, and remain in a maintainable state
- Debug issues with locations and implement or suggest reliable solutions until the end of production
- Gain in-depth knowledge of data creation engines and tools to identify potential areas for improvement, develop troubleshooting expertise, and directly assist team members with level creation if they encounter issues
- Prototyping tools responding to level design issues
- Keep documentation up to date with the tool changes and create new documentation for new tools.
To best succeed in your mission, you can bring your expertise in several areas and be a privileged interlocutor in our production teams.
Your knowledge of the principles of systemic level design or in open world, will allow you to bring a relevant analysis to the team.
You are profecicient with C# language and scripting will allow you to work on developing tools that will support our teams.
Your ability to collaborate and transmit information will allow you to exchange daily with different teams: Level design, Game design, Sound design VFX among others.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Due to the summer period, our application processing time is longer than usual. We will be able to give you feedback on your profile at the beginning of September. Thank you again for your interest in the position and your understanding.
See you soon!
Ubisoft’s 20 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP's , Steep & Riders Republic!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.