1 month ago
Unity is looking for a number of technical writers to document the tools and frameworks that we create and maintain for our internal development teams. These solutions include build and continuous integration/deployment systems, performance and functional testing, virtual and physical device provisioning and production automation.
The Documentation team is made up of people from a variety of backgrounds, including technical authoring, game and software development, content management, and web copywriting. There’s no set path to becoming a good technical writer; if you have the above skills, then we can teach you anything you need to know. And if you bring considerable skills and experience, then we want to learn from you too.
When you join us, you’ll work collaboratively with developers across the globe to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers Unity developers to get the most out of our internal tooling solutions. This includes a mix of writing from scratch, revising draft documents supplied by developers, and overhauling legacy content.
You’ll be part of a talented, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers and information architects working across countries and timezones to support a passionate, growing community of developers and artists.
- Write technical documentation, including code examples, to support internal tooling and consolidate knowledge from subject matter experts and developers
- Gather, edit and publish content written by subject matter experts, and provide writing guidance and support to developers
- Take ownership of the internal tooling documentation; plan and manage documentation tasks to deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced software development schedule
- Use the internal build, test and deployment systems to enhance your understanding and the documentation
- Empathise with Unity developer needs, collaborate with the development teams and communicate progress
- Use internal templates, standards and in-house style guide to create clear and reusable content
- Help a globally-distributed team improve the documentation user experience for our amazing developers
- Experience working as a technical writer, content manager or software developer
- Experience using programming languages, from functional programming languages like C# to Go
- Experience using source control tools (such as GitHub and Mercurial)
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English
- Experience delivering results under tight deadlines
- Experience using container systems such as Docker and container management frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of the representational state transfer (REST) architectural style for creating web services.
- Passion for gaming and an interest in the technology industry
- Experience producing documentation using HTML/CSS, Markdown or XML
- Experience using project management tools such as JIRA to track work
Some travel may be required between Unity offices around the world (San Francisco, Seattle, Brighton, Helsinki, Asia) and to some major industry events.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.