13 days ago
Job Posting TitleTechnical Writer
SummaryWe are pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we are designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we are continually pushing the bar of creativity.
What You'll Do
Aristocrat is looking for a Technical Writer to join the teams creating their game development kits (GDK). These GDKs encompass software libraries, tools, plugins and processes that enable amazing and engaging games. The GDKs are built upon the latest game engines and cloud enabled technologies and are used by studios across the Aristocrat family of companies to deliver casual and free to play games to a broad range of platforms.
The teams are small and focused, working with multiple studios and infrastructure teams around the world. The teams work directly with project managers, product directors, software developers, QA engineers, game designers and mathematicians to define the features of the GDK. The features include rich runtime and design time audio and visuals, rapid prototyping tools, and on premise or cloud based distributed game simulations and data analysis.
This is a newly formed team with an opportunity to influence the way games are designed, developed and tested, taking Aristocrat to the next level.
What We're Looking For
- Collaborate with engineers to understand and document APIs and workstreams
- Demonstrate or develop an understanding of slot game terminology and C# features and concepts
- Write standalone and embedded documentation
- Use samples and tests to verify documentation correctness
- Present and review documentation with stakeholder teams globally
- Update existing documentation to align with the latest features and incorporate feedback from stakeholders
- Participate in team meetings and planning
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Computer Science/Engineering, or IT, or equivalent working experience
- Experience in working with teams of 5 or more
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer or software engineer (Typescript, C# or C/C++ knowledge a plus)
- 2+ years of experience with Unity as a technical writer or software engineer
- Familiarity with Static Site Generators/DocFX, Markdown, and Atlassian products (Jira/Confluence)
- Familiarity with various mediums for content development, including video and interactive code examples
- Excellent oral and written English
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.