Technical Writer Internship - Unreal Engine Documentation
9 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games’ technical documentation team is looking for a smart, creative intern to join them in 2022. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the Unreal Engine documentation and get a sneak peek into the new version!
Millions of licensees around the world use the Unreal Engine tech to create interactive, immersive experiences—indie and mobile games, AAA blockbusters, ground-breaking VR and AR experiences, design visualizations for architecture, engineering, and manufacturing—any kind of virtual world you can imagine. And with Unreal Engine 5 already announced and in active development, you’ll have the chance to contribute to a project that will literally make history.
And as if that isn’t enough, Unreal Engine is also the backbone of Epic’s own game titles, including Fortnite. With the continuing development of Fortnite Creative, we’re giving users ever more and more opportunities to craft and share their own digital worlds, build interactive logic, and enter the field of creative 3D.
With so many users across so many industries, all craving detailed information about how to use the latest cutting-edge features, we need skilled writers to meet the constant demand. If you’re a no-nonsense communicator with a technical bent and a passion for helping others make their dreams and visions become a reality, join us today!
- Work with cutting edge game development game technology
- Learn the inner workings of what goes into game development tools
- Create, edit, and maintain user-facing documentation
- Fix outdated documentation as the tech constantly changes
- Work closely with our team of writers, subject matter experts in engineering and product management, and professionals in related disciplines like Support, QA, and more
- Degree work in writing, communications, or related fields
- Experience creating written documentation, tutorials, and other training material
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear manner
- Motivated self-starter, who independently takes projects to completion
- Strong technical abilities and experience documenting software preferred
- Example of project work and technical writing samples
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.