Technical Writer Intern
Brighton, United Kingdom
6 days ago
Join Unity’s global Documentation team and help us take our award-winning docs to the next level for millions of Unity users worldwide. We’re looking for a talented student with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and excellent writing and editing skills.
There is no set path to becoming a good technical author, which is why we’re less concerned about your specific university degree or experience.
We’re looking for someone ready to put their writing skills to the test, who has enthusiasm and a genuine interest in documentation and technical content. We will support you in forming good working relationships with developers across the globe, and working collaboratively with a talented Docs team to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products.
As part of Unity’s Engineering division, our growing Docs team works with colleagues across the world, from development teams through to Support, Community, QA, Marketing, and User Experience. You’ll join a talented, dynamic team of technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support a passionate, growing community of developers and artists.
This position is an 11 month paid internship, starting in summer 2020 and based in Brighton.
- Writing, updating and maintaining User Manual and Scripting API content
- Using a custom-built content management system to write, manage and publish modularised content
- Writing specific code examples to complement existing and new content
- Planning, scheduling, and delivering technical documentation to support software releases
- Gathering, editing, and publishing subject-specific knowledge
- Collaborating with internal subject matter experts across multiple locations and timezones
- Using internal templates, standards and our in-house style guide (based on the Microsoft Writing Style Guide) to develop clear, reusable content
- You are currently studying at university and looking for a placement year
- Excellent computing skills, with an understanding of programming
- Very high standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for games and any experience of Unity or 3D game development
- Knowledge or experience of programming languages, especially C#
- Experience producing documentation using HTML/CSS or Markdown
- Any Slack, Twitter, forum, or community management skills
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.