Technical UI Designer - Rocksmith
San Francisco CA us
10 days ago
Technical UI Designer will focus more on the design and implementation aspects. The candidate will gain hands-on experience with the editor and tools, assisting the UI Design, Art and Code departments in crafting the player experiences. This individual will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
The candidate, based on his/her skillsets and interest, will also have the opportunity to explore various career paths e.g. in game design, UX design or tools designer, as part of career progression and development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with UI designers and UI programmers, as well as developers from other disciplines, to develop game content
- Implement and maintain UI assets in the game’s engine
- Find a balance between desired aesthetics and the technical constraints of the engine
- Ensure the technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization
- Get ahead of technical problems and (help) solve them before they arise
- Communicate efficiently with the other teams on the problems you met and the solutions to bring
- Help with ideas and feedback in the development of the UI editor
- Test and debug UI content to ensure there is no conflict with the rest of the game
- Understand and develop best practices, workflows and pipelines within the UI team
- Assist in the development of necessary skills in the UI team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good understanding of UX in interactive applications and has a flair for animations
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
- Music Appreciation or Skills
- Team Player with strong interpersonal and communication skills with willingness to learn new techniques and share knowledge openly
- Analytical thinking with the capacity to quickly understand game design rules, mechanics, balancing concepts and techniques
- Experience with standard industry software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of a shader language, experience writing and maintaining shaders is a plus
- Knowledge of C#, C++ or any other programming language is a plus
- Working knowledge of Graphics Mathematics (Vectors, trigonometry, matrices, Boolean logic, etc) is a plus
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines is a plus
- 2+ year’s game industry experience
- Experience with game editors/middleware such as Flash/Scaleform/Unity3D or node-based systems like Unreal Engine 4/Frostbite
- Possesses a flair for animations
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join us and shape the future of entertainment. Join us and create the unknown.