Technical Team Lead, Products
8 days ago
Job Title:Technical Team Lead, Products
Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We are looking for a Technical Team Lead to join the Commerce Team. Our team focuses on systems that manage the game economy, as well as delighting our players with in-game rewards. As the technical lead, you will help drive technical direction that will help the game engage players in meaningful ways.
Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible.
Meaning you will impact the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
- You will work side by side with internal teams and game studios at Activision to make radical game designs a reality at massive scale.
- You will guide and facilitate design and decision making around Demonware’s online services and tech stack.
- You will collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and product roadmap.
- You will organize and coordinate the work of the team to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware.
- 6+ years of experience in a similar technical leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience will be considered)
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting scalable services in production
- Experience ensuring the software produced by your team achieves the quality bar expected
- Experience ensuring your team's software development process works effectively and supports the pace and needs of the project
- Interest in analyzing requirements and making corresponding design decisions
- Interest to own the day-to-day fundamentals of engineering projects and steer their technical direction with minimal supervision
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies
- Interest in travel to assist on-site integration at game studios and able to accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call
- Experience with SQL and database design, specifically MySQL
- Interest in networking technologies and their security and scalability, e.g. TCP, UDP
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
Nice to have:
- Experience with problems of large scale, and handling millions of connections a plus
- Experience in Python, MySQL or Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox, and Playstation
- Interest in large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience as a scrum product owner desirable
- C++ skills desirable
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.