Technical Support Lead
3 months ago
We're a group of Customer Experience mages here at Discord, and we're looking for someone who is equally passionate about supporting others with that extra bit of care and problem solving magic! You will need to have angelic levels of empathy and unwavering patience as you troubleshoot diabolical technical issues. This includes helping our developers to integrate our SDK, troubleshoot API issues, debug bot errors, and much more.
As a member of our team, you will directly support our communities and developers, listen to their feedback, and share these insights with other teams to help make the Discord experience the best that it can be. If you're looking for a supportive support team, join us!
What you'll be doing
- Identify emerging issues, and communicate and collaborate with partners to promote efficiency and improve our customer experience.
- Build and maintain internal relationships to help identify and resolve issues quickly
- Provide daily technical support to users and developers
- Translate technical speak and troubleshooting steps that even my grandmother could understand
- Mentor, lead, and train team members to grow technical support operations
- Drive department's operational strategy and focus to support company goals
- Manage technical documentation for both internal and external knowledge base resources
What you should have
- A cover letter (This is mandatory.) Don't skip this one!
- Passion for supporting our users and developers with unwavering patience and empathy
- Great debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve problems
- Experience with troubleshooting API, SDK, and bot issues
- Experience hiring, coaching, and cultivating talent and individuals
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support function
- 1+ years of team lead or management experience
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing & Network related issues
- Working experience of Programming, Discord Bots, and API
- Familiarity with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.