This job might no longer be available.
Technical Support Analyst
14 days ago
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “ just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work:
You are curious, a troubleshooter, and highly communicative. You love seeing others succeed and are always on hand to solve their technical concerns. You connect with people through humour and curiosity, and are able to work autonomously to fix the problems on hand. You aren’t afraid to pitch in with ideas and suggestions outside of your day to day responsibilities either, as we’re looking for inspiration and great ideas from the entire team!
What impact will you have as a Technical Support Analyst at Timbre:
- Being our first IT hire, you’ll be providing our teams with the technical support they need to scale as we work on our upcoming unannounced projects!
- You’ll be our primary point of contact for studio IT issues across Timbre Games and our partner studio, Pipeworks
- Escalate and resolve technical issues
- Ensure licensing for all software purchase are recorded, and that our devices and security are kept up to date
- Support the onboarding of new hires and welcoming them with the tools they need to hit the ground running at Timbre!
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
Your track record might include:
- 2 years of experience working in an IT Support role
- Post secondary education in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience
- Supporting teams remotely
- Highly skilled communication, both verbally and digitally, to different disciplines within the studio
- Customer service experience, working in fast paced environment where priorities move quickly
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not! If you share our mission of creating games that are accessible for everyone, we’d love to meet you and see what is possible!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload a link to your portfolio for us to review!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.