Technical Support Analyst
14 days ago
Established in 2019, Sumo Leamington is led by a team of industry veterans with a wealth of experience in the games industry.
With three core specialisms: service-based games, free to play titles and mobile, the team at Sumo Leamington are focussed on creating games which players keep coming back to – day after day, year after year.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team at Sumo Leamington is growing, and we’re looking for the industry’s brightest stars to help bring a series of incredible projects to life.
The Role @ Sumo
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations but working closely with the local studio, responsibilities will include providing IT support to the Leamington & Lab42 studios and the wider Sumo group. The role offers excellent potential for further training and the opportunity to work in a highly creative and fast paced videogame development studio. The role will involve out of hours support when required.
In your new role you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the studio IT issues and support agreed service levels, standards, and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
- Provide desktop, laptop, mobile, server and storage support.
- Setup and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices.
- Process service requests and keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
- Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to the team leader.
- Manage device backups, diagnose and resolve technical issues when required.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the team leader.
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
- Install antivirus to all authorised end-user devices. Fault finding to authorised end-user devices when required.
- Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users. Update the CI and asset management platform when required.
- Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained in the asset management platform.
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence and provide training to end-users as required.
- Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external end-users.
- Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
· Electric Car Scheme
· Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday a duvet day and Christmas
· Holiday ‘buy and sell’ scheme
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses, The Gnomen Workshop, GDC Vault and more
· Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
· Free Life Assurance - 4x Salary
· Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
· Free Dental Insurance
· Supportive Employee Assistance Programme with confidential 24/7/365 helpline & app
· Access remote GP, Mental Health, Physio appointments & medical second opinions
· Additional flexible benefits scheme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Payroll Giving Scheme
· Game & Book Libraries
· Long service & project completion awards
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Great family events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
· Relocation Support to the UK
· Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Leamington:
Sumo Leamington is situated just outside of the town centre and was recently awarded the Games Industry BIZ Best Diversity Award – a testament to its ongoing commitment to creating a home for everyone. The Studio features many onsite facilities – everything needed for the team to create the world’s best games!
Ranked the happiest town to live in two official polls, Leamington Spa is a hidden gem nestled amongst the stunning countryside of Warwickshire and remains a hotspot for talented individuals and creative minds within the games industry. Those living in Leamington Spa can enjoy:
o Local attractions such as Jepson Gardens and the Royal Pump Rooms
o A rich and diverse culture
o An expansive history and stunning architecture
o Picturesque scenery, outstanding gardens and walking routes
o Beautiful museums and galleries
More about Sumo Digital:
Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios. Recent releases from Sumo Digital studios include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.