7 months ago
A NEW AND EXCITING ROLE!
East Side Games is working with our exciting new IP, The Office: Somehow we Manage to create a fun Narrative Idle mobile game. In terms of scope, this is our biggest game project to date! As a Technical Artist, you’re technically minded with an artist’s eye - bridging the Art & Engineering disciplines to implement content and develop features in Unity. Please be aware that we are a remote-first studio, hiring across Canada, and do not provide an office space for employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Utilize visual scripting (Node Canvas) to improve our FTUE and hook-up our Story Sequences.
- Work with the other disciplines to improve or develop new Features.
- Create Particle FX to enhance feedback and presentation.
- Export Character & Environment assets from Adobe Animate & Spine and implement them in Unity.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to ensure that all storytelling tool needs are met and that they remain fully functional in Unity.
- You’ll utilize your knowledge of scripting in a language like Python or Ruby to automate your team's workflows and improve pipeline efficiencies.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A deep understanding of Unity is essential! We’re looking for specific experience on mobile games such as: creating prefabs, implementing UI, game objects and components or texture sheets.
- A complete knowledge of Spine and it’s full feature set.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Game Development, or related industries. Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic studio.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
- Autonomy and a problem-solving mindset.
TO COMPLEMENT OUR CURRENT TEAM, YOU ARE:
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and have the attitude to get things done.
- Hungry and humble, you place the needs of the project first.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by diversity and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits !
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth. If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.