Technical Sourcing Manager
USA-TX-Austin-Shoal Creek / 747
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Sourcing Manager
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
(Austin, TX / Possible Remote)
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a Technical Sourcing Manager, you are capable of handling all aspects of the procurement process for the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure division (CGEI). You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them. Never a dull day, a healthy mix of various projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
- Manage technical sourcing activities for professional services, hardware and software.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to advise on and support project requirements. Attend all relevant project meetings.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own contract initiation and closure.
- Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions.
- RFx Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of sourcing decisions.
- SLA Performance: Continuously measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data back to internal team.
- Cost Modeling & Negotiation: Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders to ensure best in class pricing is secured for Datacenter Infrastructure and Operations. Drive continual improvement of costs .Build should-cost models when appropriate.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate all efforts to identify, survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology Roadmap: Partner with CGEI Engineering teams and supply base to review supplier technology and services roadmaps. Drive changes to supplier roadmaps where necessary.
- Preferred Suppliers: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are on CGEI’s preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Perform risk analysis of Suppliers and Supply Chain. Develop risk mitigation and business continuity plans.
- Supplier Development & Management: Lead business review process to measure, analyze and identify points of strength and weakness with regards to supplier performance Issue supplier corrective action requests and development plans, as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement on all aspects of supplier performance (e.g. cost, quality and delivery).
- Perform market, supplier and commodity analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Be the sourcing subject matter expert helping to identify and leverage best practices in the realms of procurement, supplier management and category management
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS or equivalent with 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to quickly absorb and apply relevant technical information
- At least 5 years of Sourcing and/or Commodity Management experience
- Experience communicating to all levels of the organization
- Management experience in related products and services.
- Experience sourcing and a technical understanding of server, storage or networking hardware.
- 5+ years’ experience in negotiating cost, managing supplier performance and driving supplier quality improvements.
- Proven success in contract negotiations related to commodities, equipment and services and end-to-end supplier management. Must be analytical and results focused.
- Prior experience in the cloud industry, computer hardware or related field is a definite plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.