Technical Sound Designer
14 days ago
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince , began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Do you like to tell stories through rich and detailed auditory experiences? If so, we are looking to bring on a Sound Designer/Integrator to help create an immersive world and experience that empowers players. As part of a small close-knit team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions that will have a huge impact on the final product. Come help us build a world-class game and bring the world (and sounds) of Xadia to life!
What you will do...
- Create immersive game experiences through the medium of sound
- Conduct audio integration, implementation, and design
- Playtest regularly to track and document changes that impact the audio components of the game
- Review, maintain, and update game sounds as needed throughout production
- Help brainstorm audio solutions to gameplay challenges
- 3+ years of professional design and implementation experience in the video game industry
- Credit on published AA or AAA title(s)
- Solid understanding of “procedural audio” design and techniques
- Experience and facility with Unreal Audio Blueprinting
- Expertise in Wwise
- Audio design talent
- Editing, processing, and mixing expertise
- Bonus XP: experience in dialogue editing, prep, and localization management
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.